What is a comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facility?

What is a comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facility?

A Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF) is an outpatient facility that provides healthcare services, physical therapy, rehabilitation, social and psychological services, and other services.

CORF Coverage with Original Medicare

Medicare offers limited coverage for services at a CORF. After paying your Medicare Part B deductible, you are responsible for 20% of your costs in a CORF and Medicare Part B generally pays for the remaining 80%. 
There is a cap, or a limit, on the amount that Medicare will pay for in one year and this will vary year to year. You may be eligible for an exception on the therapy cap limit in certain cases. To qualify for this exception, your healthcare provider will need to submit documentation stating that further therapy is reasonable and medically necessary. 

CORF Coverage with Medicare Advantage

If you have a Medicare Advantage, please contact your plan for more information on your coverage for therapy services.
To do so, you can visit your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) at shiptacenter.org, or contact Medicare at any time at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227; TTY users 1-877-486-2048).

Medicare True-Cost Revealer. Now you can see the real costs of each Medicare plan... before you buy it.

Helpful Hint

Find out what every Medicare plan really costs

Each Medicare plan covers different drugs, and re-imburses different amounts.

Until now, it was impossible to compare Medicare plans — to know how much you will really pay under each plan.

Medicare Helper is proud to introduce our Medicare True-Cost Revealer. Just tell us your drugs, and we’ll show you the "Everything Cost" for each plan — that is, the real cost of the plan through the year.

Amazing. And completely free.

Try Medicare True-Cost Revealer

What is a comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facility?